St Jude’s team of speech pathologists work with clients to overcome challenges with all aspects of communication, understanding, such as social use of language, speech, pre-literacy skills. We also work with clients who could benefit from the development of social skills or who have difficulty swallowing or chewing food safely.
Our team services children and adults in a variety of settings such as the home, schools and within our various clinics. We work to provide you with confidence to increase your participation at work, school, social settings and in your local community.
The following describe some of the situations in which our Speech Pathologists may be engaged to provide you with support toward your goals
- If speech development milestones have not been reached during early years
- Difficulty communicating and articulating using speech
- Difficulty in social situations and communicating with peers
- Individuals with pre-diagnosed special needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Difficulty chewing and swallowing food or drinking